Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lazy Sunday


We haven't really done too much today, just been hanging out and spending the day together. We are really enjoying the church we have been attending, even though we don't get to go all the time. It will be really nice when we both have set schedules and don't have to work on the weekends and can just spend that time together. We've been going to Holy Cross Lutheran in College Station, and it's been really good so far. The members are very welcoming and they have two services every Sunday. One is traditional and the other is more of a contemporary praise service. They also have lots of different small group Bible studies that cater to different groups of people, such as young couples, etc. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get involved in that yet, but hopefully we will be able to soon. Here is the church's website for those of you who are interested! http://www.holycross-cs.org/

Yesterday, I went to Target to get Ryan socks and underwear, which was a little weird because I have never bought men's underwear before. It was definitely an interesting first that made me stop and think, "Whoa....I'm really married." It's funny how it's the little things like that that will make you really think about the changes that have happened. But while I was in the men's department trying not to look too awkward, I ran across a rack of shorts that were on clearance, so I decided to get Ryan a new pair of khaki shorts. You really can never have too many pairs of shorts in College Station. Seriously, most years, you can still be wearing them at Christmas. There are really only two temperatures here: hot and hotter. But back to the shorts...I couldn't remember what size Ryan wears, and I had no clue about sizing on men's pants, so I grabbed a 38, hoping that was right......well, it's a good thing that I kept the receipt because when Ryan got home from work and tried them on, they wouldn't even stay up! Every day I learn something new about my husband, even if it's something as mundane as what size pants he wears! So, we took them back today and got the right size! Here is a picture of Ryan wearing them!


Also, I am really enjoying my new digital camera. I've really gotten into photography and I'm hoping that I can get a job with The Battalion next semester doing photography for them! So, I thought I'd upload some recent pictures that I've taken.



A&M's Water tower




Students studying outside the library.




Cadet walking to class




Waiting on the bus!

No comments: