Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Fall" is here!


Well, technically we don't really get Fall, but it's that time of year and I love decorating for the seasons. I don't really care for the traditional scarecrows and other kitschy stuff, but I do like elegant seasonal decor! I saw this wreath at Target and I had to have it! I love how it looks on our newly painted front door! It makes it seem much more warm and like there's an actual family living behind that door instead of just college kids like everybody else in the apartment complex. I really enjoy decorating! Maybe I should be an interior decorator! Haha! Either way, I really like turning blank spaces into a place that really feels like home. It makes it easier to come home after a long day and feel welcome and like this is really home and not just a place to eat and sleep. So, naturally, I had to show off my skills! Just kidding! But honestly making this apartment feel like home has been a task that has been going for over 2 years, and I'm sure it will continue, but I'm really proud of what we've been able to accomplish so far, so please indulge me a bit!
Here are a couple of closer pictures of the wreath:



And this is in our entryway. I found these cute, white letters at Hobby Lobby, and I decided to paint them and make our monogram for the entryway! I love doing creative DIY stuff like this!



We recently bought this foyer set, and I think it looks wonderful! It gave us a place to display some of our wedding pictures (yes, I know that frame is not full yet.) and a favorite Tuscan bowl! It just really completes the look of the living room!



I will definitely be adding more pictures soon, so check back! It's sure to be good!

No comments: