Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden (HA!)


Today, Ryan and I decided to go golfing. I used to be on the varsity golf team in high school, but I haven't played in probably four years or more. I loved it when I played, but as with most things in high school, the girls got very catty and started cheating, and I got sick of it, so I quit because I hated having to deal with it on a daily basis. I'm not sure why I quit playing completely, other than the fact that I didn't think I had room in the dorm to bring my clubs, and now I don't have any more since Michaela is now on the golf team. But we decided that this would be something fun to do together, and it would give us some exercise, so we headed out to the A&M golf course to hit some balls at the driving range and practice on the putting green. This was Ryan's first time ever, so there were definitely a lot of whiffs, duffs, etc. But he got a few good shots off and most of them were right on par with a beginner. Since we don't have our own clubs, we had to rent them from the Pro Shop, and I ended up playing with men's clubs. Somehow, despite the fact that the clubs were WAY too long for me, I still managed to hit really well considering that I haven't played in four years. When we get our own clubs, we will definitely be going more often!

No comments: