Thursday, June 18, 2009

Early Anniversary Date


Last night, Ryan and I went out to dinner to celebrate, early, our first anniversary. We didn't really have any plans to go out, but then we got a card in the mail from Alan & Kathy with two $25 gift cards for either Red Lobster or Olive Garden. (Thanks!) Most of you who know me well, know that I LOVE Olive Garden, but Ryan really wanted Red Lobster and lobster sounded pretty good to me, so that's where we ended up going. I'm so glad that fish is healthy because I ate quite a bit of it. I had the Ultimate Feast, which included lobster tail, crab legs, shrimp scampi, and Walt's famous shrimp. However, I did not eat the scampi, and Ryan helped me with the crab legs. I had never had crab legs before, and it was definitely an experience. It was good, but so much work for the amount of meat that you get. I definitely preferred the lobster tail. I had lobster for the first time on our cruise, and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. Unfortunately, however, lobster is too expensive to have very often and it's just not something I think I could cook at home. The thought of picking up a live lobster creeps me out. Ryan had "Shrimp Your Way", and he got shrimp scampi, Walt's famous shrimp, and coconut shrimp. I also enjoyed a delicious, refreshing frozen Margarita. Overall, it was a great dinner out to celebrate, and I'm glad we got to do it. Normally, it's just too expensive for us to do when I can make something nice at home....which is the plan for our actual anniversary. After dinner, we met up with my friend Anne to go see The Hangover at the movie theater in Bryan. Everyone had said how funny it was, and it really was funny. It's definitely a guy movie, but that's ok. You know you have a mature relationship when you go see a guy movie when celebrating your anniversary!

No comments: